Today I thought I would talk about Worship…the different forms of worship. You see, it’s not all about going to church on Sunday, singing a few songs, taking communion and you are done for the week.
Oh no it’s not!
God wants to have a relationship with us. Relationships are daily things…minute-by-minute things!
He wants to be there to forgive (and forget!) our sins, comfort us when we are struggling or hurt, and bless us in so many ways!
He wants us to come to him for advice just like we would our earthly fathers (biological and adoptive….).
He loves us so much and he just wants us to love him back!
When we worship Him we show Him reverence,
adoration, honor, and respect.
There is overwhelming evidence that the God of the Bible is the Almighty Creator. It’s undeniable, yet most people prefer false gods and choose to ignore the truth.
Until something happens.
THEN, even the most hard-hearted are yelling, “Why, God, why?” “Please, God, save her!”
God detests false worship. Why reward faithless people who deliberately turn from the truth and believe in lies?
God put it into our very hearts to want a relationship with him, but like some of us might do with our earthly parents, we sometimes turn our back on Him. We are spoiled children that want our own way.
We think we have the answers, when the answers lie in His Word. Between the Bible and what he “reveals” when we are in relationship with him, we have all we need.
If you have been out of alignment with God and want to find your way back, here are a few things you can try.
It all starts with worshipping Him…he will provide the rest.
He will begin to do a healing within you- your body, emotions, your very soul!
So don’t delay…start today!
He eagerly awaits your company!
- Pray! Praying is one of the easiest ways to “contact” God. It doesn’t have to be formal, just talk to him! I’ll admit that just about every morning I pray for God to reveal the times when I should speak and when I should just shut up! This helps me to keep my cool when dealing with everyone currently living under my roof, including my stepson, his girlfriend and 3 extra kids! The great part is, I can throw up a prayer anytime, on the spot, and He is there to help!
- Read the Bible and other books…it’s a bit difficult in the beginning but God will reveal more to you as you progress. Start with Luke..that is the account of Jesus’ birth and ministry and is pretty easy to grasp. Along with that, get a good Christian book. There are tons of them out there. And they put what the bible says into an easier to understand format. One thing to remember…. the Bible is a very exciting book- it has great battles, love stories, miracles and more! Something for everyone
- Build relationships with other believers…The easiest way to do this is to go to church. Try a couple of different churches until you find one where you are comfortable. Just because you grew up Catholic or Protestant doesn’t necessarily mean you have to go that kind of church or God will strike you dead! It’s relationship with Him he wants, not a particular religion!
- Tithe…sow into his kingdom! While you are at church, tithe! That means give 10% off ALL your income! Many people don’t understand this principal- they think the church is just being greedy. NO! It is a command from God that we tithe. How else is the church going to pay the electric, heat the building, provide coffee, go on missions, etc. Many Pastors (including mine!) don’t collect a salary for their services. But fear not! God will greatly reward you for everything you give. I SWEAR I don’t even miss the money I tithe, and more keeps coming! It’s wild and crazy, really!
- If you like to write…write! As I talk to God throughout the day, he reveals things to me through words and “visions”. I like to write these down so I can remember them and watch how my life is being changed through my relationship with Him.
- Music…did you think I would forget this? NOT! I love music! When I go to church and sing (and dance!) to the songs that our AWESOME worship team is playing, the Spirit just hits me! My new routine (when possible) is to go into my room, throw on my favorite Christain radio station on my computer, and do some stretches. Then I pray, read the bible, write, etc…depends on how God swings my mood
So there you have it….different ways to worship.
Don’t forget that God loves you and he sent his only son, Jesus to save us from our sins.
All he asks is that we confess our sins and that we ask for forgiveness.
And then make a relationship with Him a part of your daily life.
Are you ready? Then pray about it!
You’ll never regret it!
Here’s to a Blessed life!